Sorbetto Top, by Colette Patterns

Beautifully modelled by Dolly, this is my first attempt at the Sorbetto Tank Top  from Colette Patterns

I decided to keep it simple first time round - this is just some lovely fabric that I had saved for a rainy day (and it certainly has been rainy here in Warwickshire today!). 

This is the first time I've used bias binding - I think I did a pretty good job! I chose to hand stitch the inside, which was time consuming, but rather satisfying. I also thought that my front pleat was a little bit wonky, but I think I was being over critical - on Dolly, it looks fine.
I was pretty much exactly into the size 12 measurements, so I was very chuffed with the fit. Usually my handmade clothes divide into 2 camps - too tight to get on, or too baggy to stay on! I will be wearing this for an outing very soon - watch here for pics!

My next project is a pair of trousers, which I'm currently half way through. I think I may have already gone very wrong. More on that another time!

Emily




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A couple of bum dresses (probably!)

Me-Made-May 2015 - days 18-23